GOOGLE TRANSLATE

Friday, May 17, 2013

YOU MAKE MY HEART SING

 Sing to God a brand-new song. He's made a world of wonders! He rolled up his sleeves, He set things right.  Psalm 98:1 (MSG)

I gaze out the windows here as I babysit and watch the deer grazing in the cool of the day.  I enjoy the contrast of colors, the tawny brown of the animal's hide against the verdant grass. 

Then I note the textures of the pointy fragile green shafts of grass next to the grainy bark of the oaks.  Up above I see the various shapes formed by leaves and branches arched up into the hazy morning sky.  All of these daily wonders delight my eyes with their variety and contrasts.

Majestic mountains in the winter with their snowy coverlets and veils of clouds.  Pine forests that provide us with materials to build homes, build fires, furniture, toys, even down to toothpicks.  Fresh springs gushing from crevices in rocks that refresh, clean, purify, and hydrate to sustain life.  Mighty waves crashing and foaming upon the shoreline.

All in nature has such an order.  Even fires initiated during a summer electric storm burst seed pods that would otherwise remain barren.  

When I see the balance in all of creation, a feel a natural high, a desire to shout your greatness, O God!  All that you have made is wonderful beyond our comprehension!  

Even looking into the organisms to see the complexities of their design and ability to heal or repair themselves.  The instincts to build hives, nests, to burrow, to fly, to hunt for food, and to care for their young.  

During a biology lab, I sat in wonder as the function of the ear was explained.  Even though I had read and studied the diagrams, it seemed utterly remarkable to be able to hear such a myriad of sound.  Then when I sang in choirs with live orchestra I felt a swell of joy in being at one with my vocal instrument in the midst of such majestic synergy. 

How marvelous are your works O God!  You have made all things for good.  My heart sings out to you and cries out for the disorder that mankind has made of creation to be silenced and put to right. 

You are a patient father.  You have allowed us our choices and allowed us to test our boundaries.  So much good has been invented, discovered, and shared by many, while others seem bent on living just a tad above the animals with no compassion for their fellow man.  Bring us back to the harmony and the wholeness we are lacking soon, I pray.

Trustingly, I catch myself in the middle of a hum.  Hope does that to me.  God set things right when he first created and soon, he will cleanse the Earth from the its impurities and set all aright again. 

Then the Righteous King will reign and we will rejoice at the fruit of his goodness and be astonished at the possibilities that lie before us.  
                                           *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *   


"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."                           -C. S. Lewis  



No comments: