GOOGLE TRANSLATE

Saturday, March 4, 2017

WILL YOU? or WON'T YOU?

There are times when I do question who I am hearing from. 

"Is this really you, God? or are these just my own thoughts?"

Nowadays, I just want to test and be sure I am not running ahead of myself, and that I have the all clear with God's blessing.

I wish I could say I always get it right, but just like you, I am walking out this journey and I still am quite human. But I see in history how many examples God has in the Bible for us to see of the consequences of second guessing His plans, so I try to be eager and open to what God opens up before us.

One woman who heard very clearly from God, was the prophet, Deborah. In Judges 4 she is mentioned as one of the judges of Israel. She used to hold court under a palm tree:Deborah's Palm between Ramah and Bethel in the hills of Ephraim.

One day, she received a download from God and an order to deliver to Barak. She sent for him and when he appeared before her, she spoke God's command.

"It has become clear that God, the God of Israel, commands you: Go to Mount Tabor and prepare for battle. Take ten companies of soldiers from Naphtali and Zebulun. I'll take care of getting Sisera, the leader of Jabin's army, to the Kishon River with all his chariots and troops. And I'll make sure you win the battle."(MSG) Judges 4:6,7

Now, Deborah gave him the command from God, but Barak's response was rather off handed and smart aleck. He told the prophet Deborah, that if she would go with him, he would go. But if not, then he would not go.

Deborah's reply, "Of course I'll go with you. But understand that with an attitude like that, there'll be no glory in it for you. God will use a woman's hand to take care of Sisera." (MSG) Judges 4:9,10


 All of Sisera's chariots and troops God routed before Barak as he said he would. Sisera, the Canaanite commander, jumped from his chariot and ran, but entire remainder of the fighting force was killed entirely.

Sisera ran for hiding in the tent of Jael, the wife of Heber. She gave him refreshment and while he slept, she drove a tent peg through his temple and into the ground.

When Barak arrived in pursuit of Sisera, Jael greeted him and showed him the former commander in her tent.
On that day, God subdued Jabin king of Canaan before the People of Israel.

Jael is remembered for the death of the commander to this day, and Barak is remembered for responding with a haughty attitude to a command of God through God's prophet, Deborah.

This story is a huge reminder to me, that with me or without me, God will see his plans through. 

I desire to be a part of his plans and to follow through in humility. I want to hear his voice and respond quickly and obediently. 

I will never know how critical it is to talk with one person. I do not know the influence they hold, or the power they carry. I do not know how God wants to use each situation I am placed in, but He does... so I WILL! Yes, use me Lord! Use me!!!

No comments: