GOOGLE TRANSLATE

Saturday, November 14, 2015

SIMPLICITY

My granddaughter. Photo courtesy of Alicia Markley.


People brought babies to Jesus, hoping he might touch them. When the disciples saw it, they shooed them off. Jesus called them back. "Let these children alone. Don't get between them and me. These children are the kingdom's pride and joy. Mark this: Unless you accept God's kingdom in the simplicity of a child, you'll never get in." Luke 18:15-17 (MSG)

So I wonder... is my heart and mind open enough?  Am I humble enough?  Do others see the kingdom in me?

The simplicity of a child speaks of the exuberance of a child as they discover the world around them. Energetically pursuing the next new thing and following their curiosity.

Bursting with excitement at every new encounter from a tiny bug on a leaf to finding out how old their mother is.

Keep me simple as a child.  Eyes and heart wide open.  Hands outstretched and giving.  Overflowing with discoveries everyday.




No comments: