GOOGLE TRANSLATE

Sunday, June 22, 2014

GOT YOU COVERED

He will cover you with his feathers.  He will shelter you with his wings.  His faithful promises are your armor and protection.  Psalm 91:4 (NLT)

     There...I heard it again.  There was someone outside my bedroom window.  I heard the squeak squeak squeak of the outdoor spigot and then the steady flow of water running out.
     It was the middle of the night.  I was the only adult home tonight with our four children.  My husband was away at summer school taking courses to complete his teaching requirements.  
     We lived about four miles out of Raymondville, surrounded by sugar cane fields on a caliche road in the country.  Not more than a mile from us was an old abandoned house that I always suspected was part of a route used for travelers entering the United States from Mexico.  
     Many stories circulated from households within thirty miles of the border of outdoor faucets being used for thirsty travelers at night.  We even came home from work many times and found the shower still wet that was off of our back porch.  How the word got around, I don't know, but somehow people would find their way here.
     I usually was a sound sleeper, but this starry night I awoke and laid awake, imagining a family outside who needed to stop for water to drink on their long journey north.  Perhaps they hoped that no one would come out and shoo them away, or sic their dogs on them. 
     Not wishing to stir too much, I fought off fear and prayed for the sojourners.  My panic of the unknown was replaced with a warmth that flooded my room: perfect peace.
     Many times provisions arrived when we needed them.  Other times, there were healing miracles.  
     Still, even at this point in my life, I was learning to put everything in God's hands, knowing that it is much more fruitful to remain relaxed and to trust Him to care for any situation that is out of my control; even those that are.
     Just knowing that his everlasting arms of protection surrounded me,  I slept soundly.  His protective feathers sheltered me from any impending storm. 
     When I awoke, I looked outside for any trace of visitors, but nothing looked out of place. 
     Speak peace over your circumstances and His angels and Comforter will go before you. He's got you covered.  


2 comments:

jlinebarger said...

love the way God inspires your writing. you are a great author and such a master of capturing the heart of those who read your work.

redeemed-insandouts.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for your kind words. I am amazed at times at how things develop. These blogs are sort of like my life. I never quite know what is around the corner, and that is what makes it so fun. Write and see where it takes you! That is my daily joy!