GOOGLE TRANSLATE

Saturday, April 30, 2011

WHAT DO YOU DO?



What do you do...when you hear many voices calling for you and needing you and you need some time to recharge without that guilty feeling? 

I have learned the hard way that putting myself last all the time has taken its toll.  I know that I cannot love others as myself if I don't take time to love myself, first.

One thing I need that does not cost money is time alone.  I relish time when I can explore ideas, learn new things, reach out in words to write my children, friends, to express my heart towards God.  I feel free and like I am being my true self.

Other times I am so energized by being near the ones I love.  I love to have time alone with my hubby, or one on one time with one of my kids, sister, or parents.  I also love the house popping full of people.  My husband and I get energized with the love pouring through the house as little ones totter, bigger ones whoop it up, going for walks to get out for a bit with grandchildren in tow as I listen to their cheerful chatter.

Exuberant worship is another arena of freedom and flying high in my spirit.  I love to move and be moved.  I am awed at such a being that is so full of pure love and I desire to be more like Him everyday.  I have so much to learn.  I am eager to be with Him and I want Him to ooze out of my life, my pores, my mouth, my actions, my every thought...first and last...I want to please my Lord and I cannot wait to see Him clearly face to face.  For now, I must love my neighbor as myself, so here I go!

First I will soak up love from Him alone in my closet, get refreshed or take up a challenge that will energize and stretch me, and then I will pour it out on those nearby.

Ready, set, go!

2 comments:

Vern said...

Thanks, Cristie. Sometimes we all need to get things balanced out a bit more. The closet is so important. Sometimes we get so busy, we forget the closet and, you are right, it can be not so pretty! I like this one a lot! Keep em coming!

Linda said...

I am the same way Christie. I just need that alone time in order to be able to give out to others. You have put it so well.
I'm so glad you're writing.